The University of Texas at Austin
P.O. Box X
Austin, Texas 78713-8924
- Geological hydrogen storage in salt features
- Processes associated with continental rifting such as detachment faulting and serpentinization
- Polygonal faulting genesis and evolution
- Seismic stratigraphy, structural geology, and interpretation of three-dimensional seismic data
- Imaging geothermal features using photogrammetry
- Ph.D. (2019): Geoscience (focus: Structural Geology and Applied Geophysics) from Rice University (Houston, TX)
- B.Sc. (2011): Geophysical Engineering (focus: Seismology) from Istanbul Technical University (Istanbul, Turkey)
Post-Doctoral Researcher at State of Texas Advanced Resource Recovery Group, Bureau of Economic Geology, The University of Texas at Austin, TX (2022-present)
Visiting Scientist at Yellowstone Center for Resources, Yellowstone National Park, WY (2021)
Geoscientist at Upstream Business Development, ExxonMobil, TX (2019-2021)
Intern Geophysicist at Reservoir Development, BP, TX (Summer of 2018)
Intern Exploration Geophysicist at Middle East Exploration, Occidental Petroleum, TX (Summer of 2017)
Research Geoscientist at Department of Earth, Environmental, and Planetary Sciences, Rice University, TX (2014-2019)
Measurements/Logging While Drilling Engineer at Drilling & Measurements, Schlumberger, UK (2011-2014)
- Schuba, C.N. (2021). Temperature loggers shed light on past, future Yellowstone geyser activity. USGS Caldera Chronicles, Oct 2021.
- Keller, W., Himmelberger, A., & Schuba, C.N. (2021). Yellowstone in 3-D. National Park Service interactive story map for the public. http://www.arcg.is/0n5THm
- Schuba, C.N., Gray, G.G., Morgan, J.K., Schuba, J.P. and Sawyer, D.S. (2019). Origin of serpentinization patterns beneath the S‐reflector detachment fault in the Galicia margin, offshore Spain. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, 20(8), p. 3971-3984.
- Schuba, C.N., Schuba, J.P., Gray, G.G. and Davy, R.G. (2019). Interface-targeted seismic velocity estimation using machine learning. Geophysical Journal International, 218(1), p. 45-56.
- Schuba, C.N., Gray, G.G., Morgan, J.K., Sawyer, D.S., Shillington, D.J., Reston, T.J., Bull, J.M. & Jordan, B.E. (2018). A low-angle detachment fault revealed: three-dimensional images of the S-reflector fault zone along the Galicia passive margin. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 492, p. 232-238.