The University of Texas at Austin
P.O. Box X
Austin, Texas 78713-8924
Dr. Jani Das is a Research Associate at the Bureau of Economic Geology. She is working in the CEO project with Prof. Michael Young. Her current work focus on Life Cycle Analysis. Prior to joining BEG, Dr. Jani was working as Associate Professor and Head of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at Muthoot Institute of Technology and Science, Kerala, India. She has over 15 years of academic experience. Dr. Jani was also associated with the DST sponsored Indo-UK project "Intelligent Microgrids with Appropriate Storage for Energy (IMASE)" with Prof. Rangan Banerjee and Prof. Prakash Chandra Ghosh, Department of Energy Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. She holds a PhD in Energy Science and Engineering from IIT Bombay. She holds a master's in electrical engineering from National Institute of Technology Calicut, Kerala, India and undergrad in Electrical and Electronics engineering from university of Calicut, Kerala, India.
Life cycle analysis
Energy Modelling and integration of renewable systems
Variability in renewable energy sources
From May 2023
Research Associate , Bureau of Economic Geology, Austin, TX
January 2023-March 2023
Faculty chair person, research and consultancy cell, Muthoot institute of technology and science, Kerala, India
November 2021-March 2023
Associate Professor, Electrical & Electronics, Muthoot Institute Of technology And Science, Kerala
January 2020-December 2022
Head Of The department, Electrical & Electronics, Muthoot institute of technology and science, Kerala, India
June 2019-October 2021
Assistant Professor, Electrical & Electronics, Muthoot institute of technology and science, Kerala, India
March 2015-December 2018
Senior Research Fellow, IIT BOMBAY
June 2014-March 2015
Junior Research Fellow, IIT BOMBAY
June 2012-May 2014
Assistant Professor, Electrical & Electronics, Rajagiri School Of Engineering And technology, Kerala
April 2007-July 2010
Lecturer, Electrical & electronics,
Rajagiri School Of Engineering And technology, Kerala
January 2006- April 2007
Lecturer, Electrical & electronics,
SCMS School of Engineering and Technology, Kerala, India
July 2004-December 2005
Project Assistant, Nest Cyber Campus, Aluva, Kerala
PHD, DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING, INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY BOMBAY
M.TECH, INDUSTRIAL POWER AND AUTOMATION, DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, CALICUT
B.Tech, DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING, GOVERNMENT ENGINEERING COLLEGE, THRISSUR
- Das J (2022) Power Quality Issues with Electric Vehicle Charging Stations, Advanced Technologies in Electric Vehicles, Elsevier (Accepted for publication)
- Das J. (2022) Heat Effect on Silicon PV Modules. In: Al-Ahmed A., Inamuddin, Al-Sulaiman F.A., Khan F. (eds) The Effects of Dust and Heat on Photovoltaic Modules: Impacts and Solutions. Green Energy and Technology. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-84635-0_9
- Das J. (2021) Life Cycle Energy Analysis of an Isolated Photovoltaic-Wind-Battery Microgrid in India. In: Komanapalli V.L.N., Sivakumaran N., Hampannavar S. (eds) Advances in Automation, Signal Processing, Instrumentation, and Control. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol 700. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-8221-9_117
- Jani Das (2022) Batteries and flow batteries-life cycle assessment in Indian conditions. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10098-022-02431-w.
- Jani Das (2022) Comparative life cycle GHG emission analysis of conventional and electric vehicles in India. Environment Development and Sustainability 24, 13294–13333. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10668-021-01990-0.
- Jani Das (2022) Spectrum analysis for deterministic storage sizing in an isolated microgrid, Materials Today: Proceedings, Volume 58, Part 1, 2022, Pages 359-366, ISSN 2214-7853, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2022.02.269.
- Jani Das, Ajit Paul Abraham, Prakash. C. Ghosh, Rangan Banerjee (2018) Life Cycle Energy and Carbon Footprint Analysis of photovoltaic battery microgrid system in India, Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, vol. 20 (1), pp 65-80.
- Jani Das, Ammu Susanna Jacob, Ajit Paul Abraham, Rangan Banerjee and Prakash Ghosh (2017) Cost and Energy Analysis of PV Battery Grid Backup System for a Residential Load in Urban India, Energy Procedia, vol.118, pp 88-94.
- Sunpho George, Jani Das (2013) Analysis of Sinusoidal pulse width modulation Control Strategies for Quasi Z Source Inverter, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, vol.2(9), pp 4355-4362.
- Jani Das , Venugopalan K, Johnson Daniel (2022) Prediction of Electric Vehicle Charging Load with Uncertainty using Probabilistic Methodology, 2022 IEEE International Power and Renewable Energy Conference (IPRECON 2022) , 12/2022
- Jani Das (2022) Life Cycle Analysis of Hydrogen Production and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle in Indian Conditions, 19th IEEE India Council International Conference (INDICON 2022),Cochin University of Science and Technology,Kerala,India,11/2022
- Jani Das (2022) Clear Sky and real sky solar radiation modelling for locations in India, International Conference on Advances in Energy Research, IIT Bombay, 07/2022 (Awarded consolation prize for the best paper).
- Jani Das (2021) Correlation Analysis in Wind Speed and Solar Insolation temporal series in Indian locations, 18th IEEE India Council International Conference (INDICON 2021), IIT Guwahati, 12/2021.
- Jani Das (2021) Spectrum Analysis for Deterministic Storage Sizing in an Isolated Microgrid , International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Energy Systems-AIES2021, St Joseph’s College of Engineering and Technology, Palai. Kerala, 12/2021.
- Abhijith Prasad, Ajin Eldho Paul, Basil Varghese, Dathatrayan Deleep, Jani Das, Anjali Varghese.C (2021) Prediction of Optimum PV Array Configuration for a Fixed Shading Object using MATLAB, IEEE 2nd International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication, Embedded and Secure Systems (ACCESS 21) at Adi Sankara Institute of Engineering and Technology, Ernakulam, Kerala, 09/2021.
- Emil Raju, Arun Jose, Febin Mathew George, Sherin Sabu, Jani Das, Venugopalan K (2021) MATLAB Modelling Of EV and BMS For Modular Battery Swapping, International Conference On Smart Grid & Electric Vehicle, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Tamil Nadu, 07/2021.
- Ajith Vijayan, Venugopalan K, Jani Das (2021) Residential Demand Side Management Using Artificial Intelligence, IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing and Communications (ICSCC-2021), Muthoot Institute of Technology and Science, Kerala, 07/2021.
- Jani Das (2021) Life cycle energy analysis of a Microalgal Based Bioreactor, IEEE Texas Power and Energy Conference (TPEC 2021), Texas A & M University, United States, 02/2021.
- Jani Das (2020) Optimal Component Sizing of an Isolated PV-Wind-Battery Microgrid in India using Multi Objective Optimisation,17th IEEE India Council International Conference (INDICON 2020), Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology, New Delhi, 12/2020.
- Karthika S, Meera Ashok, Meera Mohan, R. Hima, Jani Das, Anjali Varghese. C (2020) An Enhanced P and O Algorithm for Maximum Power Point Tracking, IEEE International Conference on Futuristic Technologies in Control Systems and Renewable Energy, MES College of Engineering, Kerala, 09/2020
- Abhijith K.S, Ananthakrishnan.V.V, Ashok.K.S, Ashwin T.A, Jani Das, Anjali Varghese. C (2020) Modelling and Analysis of an Efficient Solar, IEEE International Conference on Futuristic Technologies in Control Systems and Renewable Energy, MES College of Engineering, Kerala, 09/2020
- Jani Das, Rangan Banerjee (2018) Life cycle energy and carbon footprint analysis of large MW scale grid connected wind power systems in India ,2018 3rd International Conference on Power and Renewable Energy, Berlin, Germany, 09/2018.
- Jani Das, Rangan Banerjee (2017) Estimation of long range correlations and FARIMA modelling of wind speed in Maharashtra, 2017 IEEE PES Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference (APPEEC), Bengaluru, 11/2017.
- Jani Das, Prakash. C. Ghosh , Rangan Banerjee (2016) Life Cycle Analysis of Battery Technologies for Photovoltaic Application in India, 2016 21st Century Energy Needs-Materials, Systems and Applications (ICTFCEN) ,IIT Kharagpur, 11/2016.
- Jani Das, S. Ashok (2014) Peak Load Management with Wheeling in a Combined Heat and Power Unit under Availability Based Tariff, 2014 Fourth International Conference on Advances in Computing and Communications, RSET, 08/2014.
- Soumya Simon, Jani Das (2014) PV powered soft switched boost converter using MPPT control, 2014 Annual International Conference on Emerging Research Areas: Magnetics, Machines and Drives, 07/2014.
- Jani Das, S. Ashok (2013) Industrial Power Wheeling and Optimal Power Interchange under Availability Based Tariff, 2013 Third International Conference on Advances in Computing and Communications, RSET, 08/2013.
- Jani Das, S. Ashok (2013) Optimum operation of a cogeneration facility using Genetic Algorithm, 2013 International Multi-Conference on Automation, Computing, Communication, Control and Compressed Sensing (iMac4s), SJCET Pala, 03/2013.
- Jani Das, S. Ashok (2012) Optimum Operation of an Extraction Cum Condensing Cogeneration System, Under Time of use rates, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, 03/2012.
- Session chair for the track “Power Electronics and Drives” at INDICON 2022, 11/2022.
- Panelist at Sustainability Assessment of Electric Vehicles: Opportunities and Challenges, webinar organised by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), 09/2022
- Variability Analysis of Renewable Data Using Statistical Methodology at International Online Conference on Energy Sciences (ICES 2021), 12/2021.
- Sustainability analysis of Energy Systems using TIMES-VEDA Modelling at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, 01/2015.