- CEO is a three-phase, data-driven analysis of local and global environmental impacts associated with the full life-cycle supply chains of main electricity generation options.
- Results will highlight the tradeoffs and balance between society’s goals of mitigating climate change, improving local environments, and providing reliable and affordable electricity at both system and end-user levels.
- The life-cycle analysis (LCA) includes greenhouse gas and local emissions; land and water use and pollution, and ecosystem services.
- We are currently comparing combined cycle gas turbines (CCGT), and wind and solar, with and without batteries.
- We will create flexible models and tools that support decision and policy makers with their overall economic and environmental assessment to manage supply chain and ESG risks, based on current and projected commodity demands.