- CEO is a data-driven analysis of local and global environmental impacts associated with the full life-cycle supply chains of main electricity generation options and power systems of the future.
- Results will highlight the tradeoffs and balance between society’s goals of mitigating climate change, improving local environments, and providing reliable and affordable electricity at both system and end-user levels.
- The life-cycle analysis (LCA) of greenhouse gas and local (PM, SOX, NOX) emissions; land and water use and pollution, biodiversity and ecosystem services.
- Generation technologies under investigation: combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT), and wind turbines and solar panels, with and without battery back-up.
- All plants are designed to generate the same amount of electricity in a year.
- Wind and solar with battery backup are designed to be “dispatchable.”
- Spatial and temporal interpretation of LCA results to account for geographical and time dimensions of energy systems.
- Flexible models and tools that support decision and policy makers with their overall economic and environmental assessment to manage supply chain and ESG risks, based on current and projected energy and commodity demands.