- Application of new technologies and techniques to the study of submarine mass movements.
- Role of mass transport processes in margin development.
- Mass movement evolution: From initiation to distal turbidites.
- New approaches to slope stability analysis.
- In situ measurements of pore pressures, deformations, and sediment properties on submarine slopes.
- Mass transport deposits in volcanic island settings.
- Mass transport events and their tsunamigenic risk.
- Impact of mass transport events on benthic ecosystems.
- Impact of mass transport events on sea floor structures/risk and mitigation.
- Mass transport deposits and their role in offshore hydrocarbon field development.
- Hazard assessment of submarine mass movements.
- Current challenges in the study of submarine mass movements and future directions.