- December 26, 2013 – Dr. Gülen discussed shale gas developments, related environmental concerns and natural gas markets in the U.S. and the impacts of increasing gas production in North America on the rest of the global natural gas markets via LNG exports at a special event organized by the Association of Natural Gas Importers and Exporters in Turkey.
- December 4-5, 2013 – CEE held its always insightful Annual Meeting with the theme of "North, South, Texas and the Rest". Meeting agenda and presentations can be found at our Think Corner.
- November 21, 2013 – Dr. Gülen presented to the Annual Joint SIPES / HAPL Lunch Meeting in Houston, Texas, providing an overview of the U.S. natural gas resources and markets.
- November 20, 2013 – Dr. Gülen was invited to discuss natural gas supply and demand dynamics in the US and implications for global LNG trade at Small-Mid Scale LNG Summit in Houston, Texas.
- November 20, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss presented at the Pricewaterhouse Coopers Partners Conference in Vancouver, Canada.
- November 19, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss presented at the El Colegio Seminar on North American energy trade in Mexico City.
- November 12, 2013 – Dr. Gülen was the invited keynote speaker at the Shale Oil & Gas Conference organized by the Flevum Forum in Utrecht, the Netherlands. He also chaired a panel discussion. Topics covered included shale gas development in the US, environmental considerations, and potential for LNG exports from the US.
- November 12, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss was an expert presenter at the Colorado School of Mines, Weimer Chair Symposium. (shown with Bill Fisher, UT and Bob Weimer, CSM).
- November 7, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss chaired the closing natural gas session at the 20th Border Energy Forum in San Antonio, Texas. She is a founding partner for the BEF, which is led by the Texas General Land Office.
- November 6, 2013 – Dr. Gülen discussed North American naturals gas supply and demand dynamics at the Autocar Natural Gas Symposium in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- October 31, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss participated on a panel hosted by Houston World Affairs Council to focus on the second edition of Energy & Security: Strategies for A World in Transition, edited by Jan Kalicki, Senior Fellow, and David Goldwyn, and which includes a commentary chapter on North America by Dr. Foss.
- October 30, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss spoke at the annual Women's Global Leadership Conference in Houston.
- October 29, 2013 – October 30, 2013 – Dr. Gülen presented results from BEG's shale gas resource assessment work at the Energy Modeling Forum meetings in Washington, D.C. for EMF 31 Study.
- October 29, 2013 – "Guide to Electric Power in Mexico, 2nd Edition" can now be found in our Publications page.
- October 25, 2013 – CEE held a Think Day to present results from its research on upstream developments.
- October 24, 2013 – Dr. Gülen was invited to present on the resource adequacy debate in ERCOT at the 16th Annual Electric Market Forecasting Conference hosted by EPIS in Tucson, Arizona.
- October 22, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss was the keynote speaker for the Shreveport, Louisiana Wildcatters
- October 7, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss spoke in a session devoted to oil and gas economics at Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies, GCAGS, New Orleans.
- September 26, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss presented on North American natural gas markets and trends to the board of directors, Methanol Holdings Company Ltd., Trinidad & Tobago, Point Lisas/Port of Spain.
- September 25, 2013 – CEE held a Think Day to present results from its ongoing research on midstream and downstream developments. The research focuses on the pace of development relative to demand and supply of various liquids and capacity expansion in the petrochemical sector; and the role of MLP structure in these sectors.
- September 24, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss gave the keynote presentation for the Floating LNG conference in Houston.
- September 22, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss presented at the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation (RMMLF) annual upstream course in Houston.
- September 16, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss presented at the Haddington Ventures advisory board meeting in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- September 12, 2013 – Dr. Gülen addressed the Americas Mining & Metals Forum organized by Ernst & Young in Chandler, Arizona, providing an overview of the U.S. economy and the role of energy sector developments.
- September 8-11, 2013 – Dr. Gülen presented results from Bureau's shale gas resource assessment work at the AAPG ICE in Cartagena, Colombia.
- August 30-September 3, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss gave a series of presentations on North American natural gas developments to investment funds sponsored by CIMB in Melbourne and Sidney, Australia.
- August 12-14, 2013 – Dr. Gülen was part of the BEG team presenting results from Bureau's shale gas resource assessment work in a special plenary session at the URTEC Conference in Denver.
- August 12, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss spoke on global energy trends for the U.S. Department of Commerce – U.S. Commercial Services representatives in Houston.
- July 30, 2013 – Dr. Gülen presented results from Bureau's shale gas resource assessment work at the 32nd USAEE/IAEE North American Conference in Anchorage (see presentation).
- July 29, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss presented on global oil and gas commercial trends to Senator David Penchyna, president of the energy commission, and commission members, in Houston.
- July 24, 2013 – Dr. Gülen provided the keynote address at the Texas Public Power Association 2013 Annual Meeting in San Antonio (see presentation).
- July 23, 2013 – Dr. Gülen presented results from Bureau's shale gas resource assessment work at The Future of Fuel Supply session of the Gas Committee during the NARUC 2013 Summer Committee Meetings in Denver (see presentation).
- July 18, 2013 – Dr. Gülen discussed LNG technology and markets at the National Association of Royalty Owners Texas 2013 Convention in Austin.
- July 17, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss presented on global oil and gas commercial trends to Dr. Enrique Ochoa, then Sub-secretary, Hydrocarbons, and staff at Mexico's energy ministry (SENER) in Mexico City.
- June 7, 2013 – CEE held a mid-year review. See agenda and presentations in our Think Corner.
- April 29-May 1, 2013 – CEE hosted a group of 24 general managers from the ONGC, participating in a Leadership Development Program developed by the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB). The International Phase of the program was coordinated by CEE and Alberta School of Business.
- April 30, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss spoke and chaired a panel at the International Energy Agency's tight oil workshop in Paris. The workshop was held as part of preparation of the 2013 World Energy Outlook.
- April 25, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss provided the keynote address for the annual spring conference of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, AIPN, at Barton Creek Resort, Austin, TX.
- April 22-24, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss instructed in the UT Petrobras executive energy program hosted by UT's McCombs School of Business-Texas Executive Education.
- April 17, 2013 – Mr. David Ledesma, South-Court and Dr. Michot Foss co-chaired the panel Role of LNG in Growing Global Gas Demand at the LNG 17 conference and exhibition in Houston. Other panel members included Shigeru (Sam) Muraki, CEO of the Energy Solution Division, Tokyo Gas; Maarten Wetselaar, Executive Vice President, Integrated Gas, Shell; Domenico Dispensa President GIGNL and ex COO ENI; Kathleen Eisbrenner, CEO Next Decade; Robin Baker, Managing Director or Stephen Craen, Managing Director Societe Generale; Jason Bennett, Partner, Baker Botts. The LNG 17 event brought together more than 5,000 industry, government, research, and consulting, and other professionals for the major triennial program.
- April 11, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss spoke on natural gas market dynamics for the Wolverine Power Cooperative symposium in Grand Rapids, MI.
- April 4, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss participated on a panel for the Women's Energy Network Biennial Conference in Houston.
- April 3, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss addressed the Exelon Corporation Senior Leadership Council conference in Philadelphia, PA on natural gas market views and presented to graduate students and faculty at Penn State's Energy and Mineral Engineering program on April 2.
- February 21, 2013 – Dr. Gülen participated in a panel on Job Creation During the Life-Cycle of Energy Technologies at the UT Energy Forum
- February 20, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss spoke at the EPRI joint meeting of fossil generation, renewable energy, and environmental advisors, Savannah, GA.
- February 11, 2013 – BEG and UT's Petroleum Geosystems and Engineering program hosted officers from the Electric Power Research Institute for site visits on unconventional oil and gas developments.
- February 8, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss spoke at and participated in a seminar on unconventional oil and gas hosted by Secretaría de Energía (SENER) in Mexico City with U.S. Department of Interior's International Technology Assistance Program and U.S. Department of State's Unconventional Gas Technical Engagement Program (UGTEP).
- February 7, 2013 – Dr. Gülen presented on CEE's power sector modeling results related to impact of new environmental regulations, integrating renewables, resource adequacy debate in Texas and implications for natural gas at the 2013 Gas/Electric Partnership conference in Houston. “Gas-Power Linkages: Many Moving Pieces”, an article based on the conference presentation is available at the Power Magazine site.
- Dr. Gürcan Gülen of the Bureau's Center for Energy Economics has been selected by the 2013 Awards Committee of the U.S. Association for Energy Economics (USAEE) to receive a 2013 USAEE Senior Fellow Award. The award is given to individuals who have exemplified distinguished service in the field of energy economics and the USAEE. Recognition of his unanimous selection by the committee will be conferred at the 32nd USAEE/IAEE North American Conference in Anchorage on July 30, 2013. Founded in 1994, the USAEE is the largest affiliate of the International Association for Energy Economics, which provides a worldwide forum for the exchange of ideas, experience, and issues relating to energy economics among corporate, academic, scientific, and government professionals.
- January 29, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss participated in an EPRINC panel on LNG exports at the Russian Embassy in Washington, DC.
- January 18, 2013 – Dr. Michot Foss provided the opening keynote address for the Australian Chamber of Commerce Energy Day in Houston.