- December 11, 2012 – Dr. Foss presented on the energy policy trends, including oil, gas, and power developments, and CEE's "energy webs" project at the Ernst & Young Energy Summit in Washington, DC.
- December 8, 2012 – Dr. Foss presented on global and US oil and gas outlooks and issues at The Energy Council in New Orleans.
- December 5-6, 2012 – BEG's Center for Energy Economics held its annual meeting in Houston. Highlights included an overview and discussion on BEG's Sloan Foundation supported shale gas review with Eric Potter and Scott Tinker; robust presentations and exchanges on midstream and downstream natural gas developments and electric power issues in Texas and nationwide; a review of the President's Blue Ribbon Commission on nuclear energy by former DOE Assistant Secretary and new CEE advisory board member Vicky Bailey; a wide-ranging dialogue on global oil markets and geopolitics with CEE advisory board member Luis Giusti (former CEO of PdVSA and member of Shell's board of directors); and presentations by CEE researchers Michelle Michot Foss, Gürcan Gülen, and Miranda Wainberg including work by new CEE researcher Mike Soni and guest researchers Joey Whempner and Matt Shapiro. The Houston launch of the new Oxford Institute for Energy Studies book, The Pricing of Internationally Traded Gas (with a chapter on North America by Michelle Foss) also took place at the event. HM Consul General Andrew Millar kicked off the book launch. Information on and presentations from the CEE annual meeting will be available on CEE's web page in January 2013.
- November 14, 2012 – Dr. Foss participated in two panels, US post-election energy policy and North American natural gas developments, at the Oil and Money Conference in London.
- November 9, 2012 – Dr Gulen presented on factors impacting the oil price at the Baker Institute Energy Forum symposium in Houston.
- November 5-7, 2012 – Dr Gulen presented on the Barnett well and field economics at the 31st USAEE/IAEE North American Conference in a special workshop on unconventional gas & oil along with his team members from BEG, which has been conducting an interdisciplinary analysis of major shale plays in the U.S. funded by the Sloan Foundation.
- October 31, 2012 – Dr. Foss presented on oil and gas trends at the American Association of Petroleum Geologists Foundation, AAPG, meeting.
- October 30, 2012 – Dr. Gulen presented on developments in the natural gas industry and infrastructure needs to Enerfab annual meeting in Cincinnati.
- October 22-23, 2012 – Dr. Foss presented on natural gas markets and outlooks at the Exelon Energy Board of Directors Conference on October 22 in Chicago, IL and at the Haddington Ventures Board Meeting on October 23 in Tucson, AZ.
- October 4, 2012 – Dr. Gulen lectured on energy value chain economics to a group of Assistant Energy Experts from Energy Markets Regulatory Authority of Turkey in Austin.
- September 13, 2012 - Dr. Gülen presented on gas-power linkages and environmental considerations at the Gulf Coast Environmental Affairs Group meeting in Houston.
- September 12, 2012 - Dr. Gülen presented on energy sector developments and implications for the steel industry at the Steel Tank Institute Fall Conference in Houston.
- September 7, 2012 - Dr. Foss participated in an industry/government roundtable discussion on natural gas for UK Trade & Investment organized by the British Consulate in Houston.
- August 30, 2012 - Dr. Foss served as the energy expert for the 9th ParlAmericas Assembly in Panama City.
- August 8, 2012 - Dr. Gülen presented on Barnett production outlook resulting from an interdisciplinary Bureau project at the 34th International Geological Congressin Brisbane, Australia.
- August 6, 2012 - Dr. Foss presented on natural gas market developments at the EPRI Summer Conference, “Innovations for Future Generations” in San Francisco.
- July 17, 2012 - Dr. Foss presented on U.S. oil and gas trends and developments at the Marcus Evans Petrochemical & Refining Summit in San Antonio.
- July 9-10, 2012 - On behalf of the U.S. Department of State and Secretaría de Energía-Mexico (SENER) CEE hosted two days of discussions on cross-border natural gas pipeline developments and upstream unconventional opportunities in Mexico.
- June 30, 2012 - CEE releases two new research reports; they can be downloaded from our Think Corner.
- June 21, 2012 - Dr. Foss and Dr. Gülen participated in the North American Energy Standards Board (NAESB) meeting in Houston and presented results from the CEE's gas-power linkages research area.
- May 29, 2012 - Dr. Gülen participated in the Energy Infrastructure Roundtable organized by the French-American Foundation.
- May 24, 2012 - CEE held a Think Day on gas-power linkages to share developments on this research area since the 2011 Annual Meeting.
- May 23, 2012 - Energy Intelligence and CEE co-hosted the inaugural Energy Roundtable in Houston.
- May 17, 2012 - CEE held a Think Day with Toyota Motor Corporation/North America on evolution of hydrogen fuel cells.
- May 8-10, 2012 - Dr. Foss taught at the Petrobras Executive Education program organized by UT's McCombs School of Business Executive Education.
- May 8, 2012 - Dr. Gülen presented on energy sector infrastructure needs at the Steel Scene 2012 organized by SteelOrbis in Houston.
- April 26, 2012 - Dr. Michot Foss presented at the CWC LNG conference in San Antonio..
- April 17, 2012 - Dr. Michot Foss testified before the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology (Ralph Hall, Chairman), hearing on "Tapping America's Unconventional Oil Resources for Job Creation and Affordable Domestic Energy." See press release. View the hearing. Full testimony can be found at our Think Corner.
- March 26, 2012 - Dr. Gülen presented “Moving Energy to Markets: Regional Electric Power Grids” at the Latin American Forum VII organized by the Jackson School of Geosciences in collaboration with the Energy Institute at UT-Austin, Greater Houston Partnership and Council of the Americas.
- March 22, 2012 - Dr. Michot Foss presented at the Argus North American Gas conference in Houston.
- March 21, 2012 - Dr. Gülen taught a course titled "Energy Economics" to a group of 22 midlevel upstream executives from Sinopec (China), who are preparing to lead company operations around the world. The program is a 21-week-long Sinopec Upstream Executive Education Leadership program developed by UT's McCombs School of Business Executive Education.
- February 15, 2012 - Dr. Gülen presented results from CEE research on U.S. gas-power linkages at the CFA Society of Houston luncheon. The article, on which the presentation was based, can be found at our Think Corner.
- February 3, 2012 - Dr. Michot Foss participated in a KUHT Channel 8, Houston PBS "Houston 8" panel on the Keystone pipeline, watch the program.