- December 10, 2010 - Dr. Gülen gave a presentation on Energy Efficiency, Conservation and Consumer Behavior at the Austin Energy Green Building seminar.
- December 2, 2010 - Dr. Gülen gave a webinar "Lessons Learned from State RPS Programs" for Institute for Public Utilities, Michigan State University. [download presentation]
- Nov 30-December 1, 2010 - CEE held its Annual Meeting and Natural Gas Forum with Oxford Institute for Energy Studies. The Forum featured a screening of "Haynesville" movie with Director Gregory Kallenberg.
- November 16-18, 2010 - CEE held "Economics of Natural Gas Value Chain" course.
- November 17, 2010 - CEE held a Think Day on LNG with Howard Rodgers, OIES.
- October 14, 2010 - CEE held a Think Day on commodity markets issues.
- September 27-October 1, 2010 - CEE took part in the Energy Week, Mexico, organized by CEE's Partner in HED partnership ITAM.
- August 23-27, 2010 - CEE held a training program "New Era in Oil, Gas & Power Value Creation" in Mexico City for the staff of SENER, CNH, CRE and PEMEX.
- July 27, 2010 - CEE partnered with the US Department of Commerce/US Commercial Service for an event featuring a presentation "Exploring Ghana's Economic Landscape" by Mr. Philip Cummings, Chief of the Economic Section, American Embassy in Accra, Ghana. This event was part of CEE's ongoing work in Ghana on oil and gas sector assessment. [more info]
- July 13-15, 2010 - Dr. Gülen lectured on upstream economics, natural gas and LNG value chains, and renewables portfolio standards to 22 Assistant Energy Experts from the Energy Market Regulatory Authority of Turkey. The group is attending a long-term capacity building program hosted by the Institute of Public Utilities at Michigan State University. CEE-UT's focus on energy economics and IPU's expertise on utility regulation are complementary, enhancing value of such capacity building programs for regulators from around the world. In 2004, CEE hosted 17 Assistant Energy Experts from EMRA for a 14-week program. [more details].
- May 20, 2010 - Dr. Gülen gave a presentation to a delegation from the American Chamber of Commerce in Brazil (AMCHAM Brazil). The GHP in collaboration with the Brazil-Texas Chamber of Commerce (BRATECC) and the Consulate General of Brazil hosted the group. GHP invited Dr. Gulen to talk to the group about the importance of the energy industry to Houston and Texas economies; and other energy market developments in the region and the U.S. [download presentation]
- May 19, 2010 - CEE has completed its international capacity-building program "New Era in Oil, Gas & Power Value Creation." This 10th anniversary spring program hosted delegates from Ghana and Mexico. The program is followed by field visits organized for the Ghanaian delegation to Louisiana
- March 17, 2010 - Dmitry Volkov gave a lecture (via internet) on "Global Dynamics of Natural Gas" to the University of Bodo students. The "Geopolitics of Petroleum and Natural Gas" course is part of the Master of Science in Energy Management program at the University of Bodo (Norway).
- March 13, 2010 - Dr. Gulen taught a class for the McComb's School of Business' students. The class titled "Economics and technology of the Crude Oil, Natural Gas & LNG Value Chains" is part of McComb's Texas MBA Houston program.
- March 5-7, 2010 - As part of the ongoing collaboration between CEE-UT and Oxford Institute for Energy Studies (OIES), Dr. Foss gave a presentation on global natural gas developments and issues at the OIES seminar on US natural gas. Dr. Foss also presented on US natural gas issues and participated in the Windsor Energy Group Annual 2010 Consultation at Windsor Castle. [download slides]
- January 26-27, 2010 - January 26-27, 2010 - CEE, jointly with Terra Group, held an invitation only forum "NEW CHALLENGES IN SITING TRANSMISSION LINES" in Washington, DC. The event was attended by over 75 federal and state policymakers and regulators; congressional energy and environment staff; independent system operators; transmission owners and developers; major environmental groups and other stakeholders.