- December 9-10 - CEE held a Natural Gas Forum and Annual Meeting.
- September 28, 2009- Dr. Michot Foss gave a presentation "Natural Gas Market, Technology Views" at a workshop for Congressional Staff in Washington, D.C. The workshop was hosted by the Energy Policy Research Foundation, Inc (EPRINC) jointly with CEE and The Brookings Institution. Workshop topics covered the role of domestic oil and natural gas production in addressing U.S. energy security, meeting U.S. energy demand, and tackling the challenge of global climate change.
Download workshop agenda
- September 22, 2009- Dr. Michot Foss gave a presentation at the Federal Climate Change Legislation Summit, held in Austin.
July 2009 - HED published an impact assessment from of 15 higher education partnerships "Lessons Learned from Reviews of HIgher Education Partnerships in South Asia." The review included CEE's "Partnership to Strengthen Local Capacity for Economic, Financial, and Social Analysis of Energy Sector Initiatives" with the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Department of Petroleum and Mineral Resources Engineering (BUET/PMRE).
- July 27-28 - CEE welcomed a delegation from Ghana led by The Honorable Emmanuel Armah-Kofi Buah, Deputy Minister of Energy and Member of Parliament. The delegation visited Houston as part of a 12-day Oil and Gas Development Orientation Visit organized by the USTDA. CEE has been working in Ghana, and the greater West Africa region, under USAID since 2004. CEE role is evolving as Ghana becomes an oil & gas producer and, most likely, exporter. CEE hosted the delegation for a reception on July 27, followed by presentations on July 28.
- July 27 - Dr. Foss has been selected to the Committee on Earth Resources, Board on Earth Sciences and Resources, National Academy of Sciences. Dr. Foss will serve on the Committee until December 31, 2011.
- July 23 - Dr. Foss gave a presentation "The Future of Energy and the Economy: Fact and Fiction" at 55th Annual Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute in San Francisco.
- July 9 - CEE researchers were chosen to write the 2009-2010 research paper for the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN). Svetlana Ikonnikova, Dmitry Volkov and Miranda Ferrell Wainberg will lead LNG Supply Contracts and Trade Patterns: An Analysis of Negotiation and Investment Strategies in the World LNG Market.
- May 11-19 - CEE held the 9th annual spring executive program "New Era in Oil, Gas & Power Value Creation." Delegates came from Chile, Kenya, Kuwait, Mexico, and Nigeria. The program also welcomed students from the Jackson School of Geosciences' EER program.
- April 30 - Dmitry Volkov gave a presentation at the AIPN Spring Conference in New Orleans. He was part of a panel discussion on "Transactional Trends." The title of his presentation was "National Oil Companies and Value Creation: Implications for NOC Commercial Activity."
- April 29 - Dmitry Volkov presented at AIChE 2009 Spring National Meeting as part of the 9th Topical Conference on Gas Utilization in Tampa, Florida. His presentation was on LNG safety and security issues.
- April 27 -- Ruzanna Makaryan gave a presentation at AIChE 2009 Spring National Meeting in Tampa, Florida. Her presentation "Defining Community Benefits from Large-Scale Infrastructure Projects: LNG Case Study" was part of the 9th Topical Conference on Gas Utilization.
April 20 - May 1 - Dr. Gülen traveled to Nigeria and Ghana for Smart Development partnership activities. During the trip, he presented on CEE's USAID activities in West Africa along with partners Ishmael Edjekumhene of KITE and Prof. Adeola Adenikinju of the University of Ibadan at the 2nd Annual NAEE/IAEE International Conference "Energy Industry Restructuring - Interactions between Business, Economics, and Policy," held on April 23-24 in Abuja, Nigeria. In Accra, he presented at the KITE's first workshop on Oil & Gas Sector Research & Advocacy Project under the GRAP grant.
On the picture: Dr. Gulen with Amoakoh Gyasi-Agyei, Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA).
- March 31 - Dr. Foss presented at a Society of Independent Professional Earth Scientists (SIPES) chapter meeting in Corpus Christi
- March 24 - Dr. Foss was a panelist at "The Fundamental Role and Impact of Technology Panel" during the Greater Houston Partnership Energy Summit held in Houston, Texas.
- March 15 - Dr. Foss presented at the 2009 Spring Conference of the International Energy Credit Association (IECA), held in Dana Point, CA.
- March 10 - Dr. Foss spoke at the Heartland Institute's 2009 International Conference on Climate Change held in New York, NY. Her presentation was titled "Climate Science and Economics: Understanding and Balancing the Debate."
- March 9 - Dr. Foss was a keynote speaker at the LNG Summit of the 15th Annual FLAME - European Gas Conference, held in Amsterdam.
- March 5 - Dr. Foss gave a presentation on National Oil Companies at the World Bank Extractive Industries Week, held in Washington, D.C.
- February 29 - Dr. Foss presented "Science and Economics - Why Skepticism Matters," a presentation on climate economics, to members of the Houston Economics Club.
- January 16 - Dr. Michelle Foss gave a briefing on upstream issues for congressional energy and natural resources staff, hosted by U.S. Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources (Washington, D.C.).