- December 10 - CEE held its Annual Meeting and Workshop.
- December 9 - Mr. Fisoye Delano co-chaired and Dr. Foss presented at the Houston Chapter USAEE/IAEE mini-conference on “High Energy Prices: Are They Here to Stay?”
- December 8 - Dr. Foss presented during the session on “Supply Meeting Demand: A Look at How to Get Needed Energy Facilities Built" at the National Conference of State Legislatures' 2004 Fall Forum and Special Meetings in Savannah, Georgia.
- December 3 EMRA's assistant energy experts have completed their extended training program with the CEE. The experts made their final New Era presentations and were awarded certificates of completion.
- December 2 - Dr. Foss was appointed a Board of Advisors member of Energy™ Magazine and Television.
- November 18 - Mr. Fisoye Delano gave a presentation "Future for LNG" at the 2004 Educational Seminar of the Texas Mineral Land Association.
- November 16- 25 - Dr. Foss participated in 5 presentations on LNG made in Hong Kong for industry and government representatives, including the American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong and the Environmental Services Management Group (ESMG).
- November 15 - Dr. Foss presented during the session on "The Challenge of Meeting Energy Needs in Developing Countries" at the Science and Technology in Society (STS) forum: Lights and Shadows in Kyoto, Japan.
- November 13-17 - EMRA group attended the 116-th Annual Convention of National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) in Nashville, TN.
- November 8-9 - Dr. Foss and Mr. Delano took part in "LNG Roadmap Workshop" in Houston. The workshop was organized by the Strategic Center for Natural Gas & Oil of the DOE's National Energy Technology Laboratory.
- November 5 - CEE hosted the annual Think Day on Natural Gas. Mike Juden (McKinsey & Company), Andrew Slaughter (Shell E&P), and Dr. Michael J. Economides (Professor of Chemical Engineering at UH) presented during the session.
- October 24-29 - The group of Turkish regulators (EMRA) spent a week in Washington D.C. to meet with the representatives of FERC, the Office of Pipeline Safety at the U.S. Department of Transportation, the World Bank, the U.S. Department of Energy, National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC), and U.S. Agency for International Development.
- October 1 - CEE hosted its monthly Think Day with Mike Lynch (President of Strategic Energy & Economic Research) and Dr. Mariano Gurfinkel of Florida International University. The brainstorming session was focused on oil supply and price.
- September 24 - Dr. Gürcan Gülen participated in the kick-off meeting of the Resource Center for Energy Economics and Regulation in Ghana. The Resource Center was created through the CEE Energy Sector Governance Grant from the USAID.
- September 14 - CEE releases the third briefing paper, The Role of LNG in North American Natural Gas Supply and Demand, in a series of articles on the LNG industry. This briefing paper is the third in a series that describes the liquefied natural gas industry – its technology, markets, safety, security, environmental considerations and the increasingly important role that LNG may play (and perhaps “must” play) in the nation’s energy future. It deals with natural gas supply and demand balances in North America, particularly for the contiguous United States, and the potential role for LNG in meeting supply requirements. All three papers, plus additional information, will be included in a complete fact book, Guide to LNG in North America.
- July 30 - The CEE hosted a group of Foreign Service Officers. Mr. Brian Rabe (Devon Energy) and Mr. Fred Gibson (Consultant) presented for the group. The visit was part of the Foreign Service Officer Energy Industry Training Session organized by the Petroleum Equipment Suppliers Association (PESA).
- July 15 - Mr. Fisoye Delano gave a presentation on "The Outlook for Natural Gas Supply in the U.S.: Can Imported LNG Meet This Country's Growing Gas Demand?" at the 2004 Annual Board Planning Retreat of the Municipal Gas Authority of Georgia in Sky Valley, Georgia.
- July 8 - 10 - Dr. Foss and Dr. Gülen took part in the 24th Annual North American Conference of the USAEE/IAEE "Energy, Environment and Economics in a New Era." Dr. Foss led the panel discussion on International LNG. Dr. Gülen gave a presentation on "The Role of Institutions in Energy Investment."
- June 29 - 30 - Dr. Michelle Foss, Ms. Miranda Ferrell and Mr. Fisoye Delano participated in the "Latin America and the Caribbean Gas Summit: LNG as a driver for development" in Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago. Dr. Foss chaired Day 1 afternoon session on the Supply Options - Market Diversification and Pipeline Interconnections, and gave a special address on "Policy and Community Acceptance: Public Education and Public Policy: Addressing Key Concerns." Mr. Delano chaired Day 2 sessions on the Caribbean Market and Developing New Markets for Gas in Latin America and the Caribbean. He was also moderator of the interactive panel discussion on various LNG issues.
- June 29 - Ms. Ruzanna Makaryan attended the joint workshop of the California Energy Commission and Western Interstate Energy Board regarding the joint Western Natural Gas Assessment.
- June 28 - Dr. Michelle Foss and Mr. Fisoye Delano conducted a pre-conference workshop on "Fundamentals of LNG" as part of the "Latin America and the Caribbean Gas Summit: LNG as a driver for development" in Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago. The workshop attracted delegates from Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Dominican Republic, the Netherlands and United States.
- June 13 - 15 - Dr. Michelle M. Foss was a panelist at the Fifth U.S.-China Oil & Gas Industry Forum held in Shanghai, People's Republic of China.
- June 2 - Mr. Fisoye Delano gave a presentation on LNG Supply - Projections, Drivers, Issues at a meeting of the Gas Appliance Manufacturers Association (GAMA) on "LNG and the Changing U.S. Natural Gas Supply" in Dallas, Texas.
- May 28 - CEE has successfully completed the fourth session of "New Era in Oil, Gas & Power Value Creation" program.
- May 16 - CEE started its annual international capacity-building program "New Era in Oil, Gas & Power Creation", with 16 delegates from 9 countries, including Bangladesh, Ghana, Honduras, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Mexico, Nigeria, Turkey, and Venezuela.
- May 7 - The CEE hosted a group of energy specialists and officers of the U.S. Department of Commerce and U.S. Commercial Service Offices worldwide.
- April 30 - Dr. Michelle M. Foss spoke at a meeting of the The Central Texas Chapter of the United States Association for Energy Economics (CTAEE).
- April 29 - Dr. Michelle M. Foss gave a testimony on "Ultra-Deep Oil and Gas" before the House Subcommittee on Energy and Air Quality during the hearing on "Ultradeep Water Research and Development: What Are the Benefits?"
- April 28 - 29- Dr. Michelle M. Foss spoke at the Energy Bar Association's Market and Regulatory Implications of LNG Primer for Lawyers and attended the Fifty-Eighth Annual Meeting of the Energy Bar Association in Washington, D.C.
- April 28 - Mr. Fisoye Delano presented a paper on Educating the North American Public on the Safety and Security of LNG Facilities at the AIChE 2004 Spring National Meeting in New Orleans, LA.
- April 23 - CEE hosted a distinguished lecture by Adrian Lajous, former CEO of Petroleos Mexicanos, and currently a Repsol Fellow at Harvard University.
- April 2 - CEE participated in University of Houston Annual Research and Scholarship Day to showcase its research and activities.
- March 26 - CEE hosted its monthly Think Day focusing on fuels for generation and ways to build diverse and sustainable fuel portfolios, with Chuck Linderman, Edison Electric Institute, and Karl Rabago, Houston Advanced Research Center
- March 20 - 26 - Dr. Foss, Dr. Gülen and Anna Dragsbaek visited PURC and other agencies in Accra, Ghana to initiate the USAID grant activities
- March 15 - 19 - Dr. Foss attended a Symposium on Public Understanding and Participation in Energy in Cape Town, South Africa sponsored by the USAID and organized by AED
- March 15 - CEE releases a Spanish translation of the LNG Safety and Security paper: Sistemas de Seguridad y Protección de GNL.
- February 27 - CEE hosted its monthly Think Day focusing on the LNG consortium output so far and discussion of remaining issues
- February 20 - Dr. Foss gave a presentation at the Keystone Energy Board Conference, Winter 2004 held in Keystone, Colorado
- February 11 - CEE hosted a group of delegates from Azerbaijan as part of the Think Tanks and Political Analysis tour (International Visitor Program of US DOS)
- February 10-11 - Dr. Foss was a panelist at the APGA Gas Supply Conference in Corpus Christi , TX . Her session was on U.S. Gas Demand and Pricing Forecasts.
- February 9-13 - Dr. Foss, Mr. Delano and Dr. Gülen attended CERAWeek.
- February 6 - CEE hosted its second Africa roundtable to initiate USAID grant activities and to built support around its greater Africa Initiative.
- February 5 - CEE hosted LNG and Risk Management & Communication Workshop for the LNG Consortium.
- February 3-4 - Mr. Delano gave a presentation on LNG Safety, Security and Environment at Environment Canada LNG workshop on Sharing Regulatory Experiences Regarding LNG Facilities in North America, Halifax , Nova Scotia
- January 30 - CEE hosted its monthly Think Day on Venezuela with David Voght, IPD
- January 29-30 - Mr. Delano attended Caribbean Energy Conference, Miami .
- January 29-30 - Dr. Foss spoke at the Institute of the Americas LNG 2004: Supply, Demand, Market Change and Financing Conference in La Jolla, CA
- January 29 - Dr. Gülen gave a presentation on Changing Dynamics of the North American Natural Gas Marketat the Stanford Energy Modeling Forum Conference.
- January 27 - CEE hosted a delegation from the Japanese electric power sector led by Dr. Masayuki Yajima of Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry (also including representatives of Tohoku Electric Power Co., Kokuriku Electric Power Co., Tokyo Electric Power Co.) to discuss the restructuring issues in the U.S. and in Texas
- January 26-27 - Mr. Delano attended 4th Annual SRI LNG Economics & Technology Conference, Houston, TX.
- January 21 - Dr. Foss chaired a session at the EUCI North American Natural Gas Supply Outlook Workshop on Thursday January 22nd, 2004. Her session was “Forward, Backward, or Sideways – Natural Gas in the U.S. today.”
- January 20 - CEE hosted a delegation from the Institute of Energy Economics, Japan led by Dr. Ken Koyama to discuss oil markets and geopolitics of oil; CEE sponsor JETRO facilitated.
- January 12-16 - Dr. Foss and Dr. Gülen visited BUET/PMRE in Dhaka, Bangladesh to initiate the ALO grant.
- January 6-8 - Mr. Delano gave a presentation on LNG in Perspective – the Macro View at Pritchard Capital Partners Conference, Energize 2004, San Francisco, California.