- December 17-18 - Dr. Foss and Mr. Delano attended LNG Ministerial Summit, Washington, DC.
- December 12 - CEE hosted its annual meeting Can We Build It? on the key topics that are on deck for the Institute through 2004 and beyond.
- December 11 - CEE and Houston Chapter of IAEE co-organized a mini conference on Changing Dynamics of the North American Natural Gas Market.
- December 10 - CEE hosted the DOE North American Energy Working Group session with representation from Mexico, Canada and the U.S.
- December 5 - CEE hosted Dr. Wang Jian, Director of the Center for Middle East Studies, Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences, to discuss China's growing demand for oil and oil supply concerns. (International Visitor Program of the U.S. Department of State)
- December 2 - Mr. Delano gave a presentation on LNG World Outlook at LNG Conference: The Potential for LNG in North America Calgary, Canada
- November 28 - CEE hosted its monthly Think Day with Lee Choo, of FERC's Office of Market Oversight and Investigations.
- November 25-26 - CEE hosted Peter O'Connor from ESKOM, South African electric utility, to discuss the Texas restructuring model
- November 20 - Mr. Delano attended CWC Natural Gas Summit, Houston TX
- November 19 - Mr. Delano attended Deloitte and Touche conference, Houston TX
- November 15-19 - Dr. Gülen attended NARUC Conference in Atlanta, GA
- November 11-19 - Dr. Foss spoke at the China Development Forum on Energy Strategy and Reform in Beijing .
- November 2003 - CEE announces 2004 session of New Era in Oil, Gas & Power Value Creation, May 16-28. Click on New Era for more information. Be sure to watch the New Era Video.
- November, 2003 - CEE releases the second briefing paper, LNG Safety and Security, in a series of articles on the LNG industry. This paper deals with the safety and security aspects of LNG operations. The third paper, North America Supply-Demand Balances and Energy Security: a Role for LNG? will provide an in-depth analysis of why more LNG may be needed to meet U.S. energy demand. All three papers, plus additional information, will be included in a complete fact book, Guide to LNG in North America.
- November 2003 - The Applied Research Team of CEE won the grant for Partnership to Strengthen Local Capacity for Economic, Financial and Social Analysis of Energy Sector Initiatives program of Association Liaison Office for University Cooperation in Development. This partnership is dedicated to help enhance energy economics curriculum and expertise at the Department of Petroleum and Mineral Resources Engineering at the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET/PMRE) in Dhaka. As part of the partnership, faculty members from BUET/PMRE will attend the CEE's annual training program, New Era in Oil, Gas & Power Value Creation, in addition to energy related courses taught at UH by CEE-affiliated faculty. In addition, CEE staff will travel to Dhaka to hold workshops, meet with different stakeholder groups, review BUET/PMRE curriculum and research activities, and monitor progress.
- November 2003 - The Applied Research Team of CEE won the Energy Sector Governance Program Grant of the U.S. Agency for International Development with its proposal to create a “Smart Development” initiative through its annual training program, New Era in Oil, Gas & Power Value Creation. CEE’s initiative is designed to improve the capability of local educational and development institutions in emerging markets to address public education and participation, as well as transparency needs for effective energy sector governance. Through this grant, CEE will provide a local education partner in an emerging African country with the tailored training, focused on energy value chain economics and supporting commercial frameworks, tools and ongoing mentoring necessary to develop and sustain its own community-based initiatives.
- October 2003 - CEE reports that the Texas Electric Choice Program Earns a Passing Grade and evaluates Safety Issues Confronting the LNG Industry.
- October 2003 - CEE releases an assessment of the competitive electricity market in Texas. Electricity Restructuring in Texas - A Status Report.
- July 2003 - CEE updates the LNG Forum with Introduction to LNG on the web, media coverage, and resource links.
- March 2003 - CEE releases a spanish translation - Introduccion al GNL.
- March, 2003 - CEE and HARC release the third edition of Guide to Electric Power in Texas CEE and HARC release the third edition of Guide to Electric Power in Texas, a comprehensive and balanced educational resource for a wide range of retail customer groups.