- June 1 - CEE hosted its Mid-Year Meeting which featured discussions on energy policy, natural gas demand & deliverability, retail electricity markets, and mineral economics.
- May 16 - CEE, together with the Institute for Energy Economics Japan (IEEJ), hosted a scenario workshop on Japan/Asia energy, natural gas, and LNG in Tokyo.
- May 4 - CEE held a special working lunch entitled "An Integrated Investigation of Forces Disrupting the Electric Power Sector and Fuel/Mineral Supply Chaines." This discussion was part of our new Electric Power Research Forum.
- March 24 - Dr. Foss participated on a panel at the National Association of Latino Elected Officials annual energy and environment institute.
- March 23 - Dr. Foss presented on commodity market trends with the Greater Houston Partnership's FDI committee
- March 17 - CEE Think Day, Japan Energy Update with Dr. Ken Koyama and Yukari Yamashita of the Institute for Energy Economics-Japan.
- Februrary 14 - 22 - Dr. Foss travelled to Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea and Jakarta, Indonesia for the UT-Exxon Mobil Commercial Overview 1 global upstream program with McCombs School of Business-Texas Executive Education
- February 9 - Dr. Foss presented at the Platts LNG Conference in Houston, on CEE’s review of natural gas demand in China and India.
- February 8 - Dr. Gülen chaired a session on Threats and Opportunities for Natural Gas in the Power Sector at the 2017 Gas/Electric Partnership Conference in Houston
- February 7 - Dr. Gülen participated in a panel on Changing Supply and Demand in the Energy Sector panel at the UT Energy Week in Ausin, TX.
- February 2-3 - CEE delivered a fifth short course under the auspices of our US Department of State-Energy Bureau technical assistance grant in Mexico, focused on joint operating and unitization agreements, in Mexico. The short course was hosted by Mexico’s CNH in cooperation with SENER. Other participating institutions were ASEA and Pemex.